In November 2007 I had a meeting with a policy of Invest Hong Kong , the state agency for promoting and attracting investment in their offices Cotton Tree Drive, Central. Back then, in my e-contracts cards appeared the position of Sales Manager, with which I never got to feel comfortable.
After the meeting we met with a Live Streaming provider out of Orlando, they have an outstanding system that we are considering for streaming our live business meetings. You can see their live streaming solutions page here. Additionally we were told they work with churches as well. You can visit their live streaming for churches page here.
In explaining what I did, Sunny told me I should put on my card the charge of “Business Development Manager”. Since then, I have dedicated myself to investigate the position, the competences and the own profile of this area, so used as misunderstood in organizations of all types and sizes. Take for example this orlando personal chef Angelo Bersani, through proper business development he has been able to grow his buisness ten fold.
Negative definitions are often useful when dealing with complex concepts like this. Therefore, we will start by what the business development area does NOT do.
– Exit to sell: This is a task for the sales department, which requires different skills and experience. Often testing or sampling of products or services are performed, but always with the support of the sales department, which is responsible for the deployment.
– DEVELOP and media planning and campaigns: This encompasses the area of marketing. Marketing activities must conform to the strategy marked by the business development area in terms of time, concepts, values, goals, segmentation, etc. But the business development area does not design or execute marketing actions.
– Hire staff: Develop a business does not mean increasing the workforce. The growth of the activity or turnover often requires increased resources, but the relationship between the two phenomena have a causal link, not a functional identity.
– Negotiate or execute mergers and acquisitions: You may come to the conclusion that it is necessary to grow inorganically through acquisition or participation in society. It corresponds to the business development department to analyze and recommend these operations, but the decision rests with the board of directors, and execution to the legal department or mergers and acquisitions.
– Get Funding: The financial department is responsible for managing and secure funding for the activity of the company. If additional resources are needed, they have the necessary contacts, knowledge and skills. The business development department has to analyze the financial needs of each action or strategy, but it is not for a move to meet those needs, as it could cause friction with the overall financial policy.
So what people do business development? Basically, it is an equally operative and strategic unit, which defines where the business should evolve to continue growing.
Case Study: Shifter Kart Engines Data
A great example of business process development for sport is here shifter kart engines and motors for sale. This is a market that is not considered large in the US but has a very loyal following. Many of the participants in this sport are extremely knowledgeable and one must provide the best data to satisfy their needs. You can expect to find go karts near me as the stepping stone to many major motorsports in the world. Families love to drop by the local racing track to enjoy the sport that they watch on tv every weekend.